1. Information to collect and how to collect
The company collects the following personal information for counseling and service application.
- Name, Resident registration number, Date of birth, Phone number, Mobile phone number, Email Address, Fax, Whether to receive email, etc.
In addition, the following information may be automatically generated and collected during the process of using the service or processing the business
- Service log, Access log, Cookie, IP information, Payment record, Suspension record
The company may additionally ask user to input optional information for better service. However, the user does not have to provide optional information unless the user wants to. The user may also be asked to provide additional information when the user uses certain services that require additional information. In this case, the information the user subscribes to will not be used except for the purpose of using the service or for the purpose stated in advance.
2. Purpose of collection and use of personal information
The purpose of the company's collection of personal information is to provide high-quality service and personalized service according to the preferences and needs of individual users. Personal information' refers to the information that identifies the individual by name, resident registration number, etc., including ID and password for user identification, which includes not only resident registration number but also information such as name, address which identifies by combination of such information. The user's personal information is not disclosed without the user's prior consent, and the company uses the collected personal information as follows. The company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes
- Settlement of fees for contract implementation and service provision, Delivery of contents, delivery of goods or invoices, financial transaction authentication service, purchasing and payment of fees, collection of fees
- Development and specialization of new service (product), Processing of inquiry and complaints, Delivery of announcements, Preventing and sanctioning acts that interfere with the smooth operation of services (including the theft of accounts and illegal use), Voice command recognition and personalization service, Providing services and advertising according to demographic characteristics, Identifying access frequency, Delivery of advertising information such as statistics on user’s use of services and events.
3. Consent to Collection of Personal Information
The Company asks the users to agree to collect the personal information.
If the user selects [I agree with collection and use of personal information] and click [Send], the company consider the user agree by sending email.
In the following cases, however, pursuant to Article 22, Paragraph 1 of the related laws, such as promotion of information network utilization and information protection, the company may not ask for user's prior consent to collect personal information.
- When necessary to provide services based on the terms
- When necessary to settle the payment based on provision of the paid service
- If there are special regulations in related laws
4. Sharing and provision of collected information
However, except the following cases
- If the user agreed to disclose in advance
- When necessary for the settlement of the charge according to the paid service provision
- When requested by a court, a dispute resolution body, an investigate agency or a legal entity by being involved in a dispute or subject to investigation
- When there are special regulations in the law. In other words, if there is a request from the related government agency by lawful procedure in accordance with relevant laws and regulations,
- When providing the applicant’s information to the domain registrar to register the domain name,
- When to provide for domain name WHOIS service
- When to use it for communication with users in business,
- As necessary for statistical writing, promotional materials, academic research or market research, to provide advertisers, partners or research organizations in a form that cannot identify a specific individual,
In addition, the company may share user’s personal information with affiliates for technology development or better service delivery. In such case, however, the user shall be informed about the affiliate information, the kind of information requested, the protection and management plan prior to the collection or sharing of information. Without prior consent of users, the company shall not collect or share the personal information.
5. Consignment of collected information
The company does not entrust the processing of the user's personal information to the third party without prior consent of the user. If such need arises in the future, the company will notify user of the entrusted person and the contents of entrusted business, and will obtain prior consent if necessary.
6. Retention and use period of collected information
The Company keeps the personal information of the user while providing the service and uses it to provide the service etc.
It is principle that user’s personal information shall be destroyed when the purpose of collection or the purpose of receipt is accomplished as follows.
- Records on contract or withdrawal of subscription: 5 years
- Record on payment and goods supply: 5 years
- Records on consumer complaints and disputes: 3 years
7. Procedures and methods of destroying personal information
It is our principle to destroy the information immediately after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved. The procedure and method of destruction are as follows.
- The information entered by the user for e-mail inquiry will be stored for a certain period of time according to internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations (refer to the period of retention and use) and then destroyed after the purpose is achieved. This personal information shall not be used for any other purpose unless otherwise provided by law.
- The personal information printed on the paper will be destroyed by crushing or incineration, and the information stored in electronic file format will be deleted using a technical method that cannot reproduce the record.
8. Matters concerning the installation / operation of the automatic collection policy of personal information and its rejection
The company installs and operates a mechanism that automatically collects personal information such as 'cookies' that stores and retrieves user's information from time to time.
Purpose of Using Cookies, etc.
It is aimed at performing targeted marketing or providing personalized service by analyzing user's access frequency and visiting time, identifying user's taste and interests, tracing, participating in various events, and checking the frequency of visits.
The user has the option of installing cookies. As a result, the user can allow all cookies by setting options in the web browser, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
How to decline cookie settings
To decline cookie settings, the user can either allow all cookies by selecting the option in the web browser, check each time cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies
Example of setting method (for Internet explorer): Tools at the top of browser> Internet Options> Privacy
However, if the user refuses to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
9. Youth Protection Policy
Based on the Youth Protection Act, the Promotion of Information Network Usage and Information Protection Act, the company has established a youth protection policy to protect youth from harmful media.
a) In accordance with the information communication ethics committee review regulations and youth harmful media deliberation regulations standards of youth protection committee, youths under the age of 19 are prevented from exposure to harmful media such as violence, adult information and obscene information
b) In cooperation with the Information and Communication Ethics Committee, the company will continue its Internet environment cleanup activities through its own regulations to prevent the distribution of harmful media of youth on the services and contents provided by the company.
c) The company will designate a Youth Protection Manager as follows to protect the youth and will do its best to prevent the damage through counseling and difficulties treatment.
- Information Communication Ethics Committee review regulations (http://www.icec.or.kr/front/discuss/rule.html)
- Regulation of Youth Protection Committee on review of harmful media for the youth (http://www.youth.go.kr/Circumstance/Material02.asp)
10. Personal information reporting and dispute settlement
If the user needs to report or consult about personal information infringement, please contact the Privacy Complaints Center of Korea Information Security Agency (KISA). In addition, if user suffers financial or mental harm from infringement of personal information, he or she may apply for a relief to the Personal Information Dispute Resolution Committee
Privacy Complaints Center
- Telephone : +82-02-405-5114 / (No area code)1336
- URL : http://www.cyberprivacy.or.kr
- Email : email@example.com
11. Manager and person in charge of personal information and youth protection
In order to protect user's personal information and to handle complaints related to personal information, the company has designated the related department and privacy manager
Manager and department in charge of personal information and youth protection
- Name: Seoyoen Choi
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Obligation of notice due to policy changes